Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!!

I know it's been a while since I've posted but once again illness has got our family down and I wish I had good news to report but I don't. Ben was home all week with the flu, fever, cough, vomiting, etc. except for Friday. Tuesday night Steve started getting sick but he just had the cold symptoms. Tyler has had a runny nose and couch ever since the norovirus and I felt like he and I were just getting better when Ben started running a fever last weekend. Ben was sick from Saturday to Friday and really just seems 100% today with his eating, etc. He also had to deal with his first cankor sore during that time so it wasn't fun. By wednesday night Mom started getting sick with vomiting, fever, etc. already had the cold symptoms. So today the first day that Ben really feels like himself, Tyler's cough is terrible and his nose is draining constantly and he's running a fever of over 101... I'm not sure it will ever end.. we just keep passing stuff around and believe me we all take vitamins... and Tyler takes a ton obviously.. we wash our hands and their hands religiously. I find some peace in knowing that most of the people around us are also sick so it's not just our familiy but sometime it feels like this darn winter will never end. I'm still not able to eat much or stay awake for significantly long periods of time. So far Tyler seems to be acting ok not too sick so hopefully he'll be better by Monday, he has an evaluation at U of M that day. Thank goodness we weren't all this sick last winter or we never would have made so much progress on the study, having to cancel all the time.

So on to progress.. no additional words at school this week, however, on Friday when I picked the boys up from daycare, Tyler said bye-bye to Karen. I didn't hear it (of course!!) cause I was taking Ben out to the car at that time but she said he said it as clear as day, woohoo. He's also signing very well. Maybe if he's fever is gone tomorrow, I'll try to catch a little of it on video. I hate placing too many demands when he's not feeling well. We have puzzles that make noise when you put the puzzle piece in. The ones we have been working on her transportation and animals. On the transportation puzzle, he'll sign for the airplane, train, car, and boat puzzle pieces..and on the animals we are still trying to clean up those signs. He knows most of them but sometimes scrolls through to find the right one or puts his hand in the general proximity he is supposed to for the sign but then doesn't actually make the hand configuration correctly. So we've been working on puzzle pieces a lot this weekend when we have time. He's coughing so much we are trying to keep him sitting and playing rather than running around.

well that's all from us.. not sure when I'll be able to get on the computer again.. so here's wishing us health or an early summer. wouldn't it be great if it were in the 60s next week and stayed that way until summer...ahhhh