Monday, March 2, 2009

3/2/09

Ok, everyone cross your fingers that we are through the worst of winter. Since Christmas my family has had the norovirus, cold, flu, bronchitis, and now ear infections. That is a heck of a lot! Steve's doc told him it takse a long time for an immune system to recovery from the norovirus so that must be why our poor kids have had to suffer so much in the past couple of months. Until now, Tyler hasn't had to be on antibiotics since we started biomedical treatments almost a year and half ago. But in the past 3 weeks, he's been on antiobiotics twice and it's doing a number on his gut. The poor boy has pretty bad diarreah right now which is causing his booty to be quite raw. I dread that we still have 5 more days of antibiotics to go before we get to end this miserable cycle. I really hope that he doesn't have to go on antiobiotics again for another year or even longer.

I can't believe it's already March and the boys turn 3 this month. My goodness how time flies. I wish I could say it's been a great 3 years, but as most of you know, it's been tough. From trying to get pregnant to now, it's not been an easy road. Speaking of which.. Fox 2 news detroit ran autism specials all last week. I've spoken about Stephanie Harlan and her boy Justin a few times in the blog. They did a video highlight of them on the news. Finally, you all get to see a video of Justin who used to be just like Tyler and look at him now.. be patient..the video takes a while to load.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/health/autism_coverage/Family_Works_to_Reverse_Autism_Diagnosis


So we've finally discovered something Ben needs Tyler's help with and I'm trying to use it to oru advantage. Ben has become interested in the Thomas the Train laptop game that we have, however, he does not know his alphabet or numbers as well as Tyler. So whenever Ben says, "mommy, can you help me?" I say, let's ask Tyler for help so I'll give the laptop to Tyler and tell him what letter, etc. to push and he does and then I give it back to Ben and we say "thanks Tyler".. I'm hoping to take this one step further and have Ben take the laptop to Tyler and ask Tyler to push the appropriate letter.. need to work on this fast before Ben knows them all and doesn't need Tyler.

As for Tyler, he's finally going back to school this week after being off for 2 weeks from being sick and mid winter break. I'm really hoping we can start moving forward on progress. We've worked with him while he's been off school so hopefully he hasn't lost too many of his skills. He's starting to ask for "help" which is really great and he also started to sign all done. Daycare is working with the kids on learning sign language too so that they can work with Tyler, My aunt is also working with her family and daycare to learn sign language, she got the signing time videos (they are wonderful videos and make learning so fun for kids.

I'm sure there was more I wanted to say, but I can't seem to remember the mental list I had made so I'll end for it for now.