Friday, July 2, 2010

The good news and bad news


The bad news is.. pretty sure i"m on the very of losing my mind lately. If it weren't for some amazing family members, it may have already been gone! My mom has been amazing. She's stayed with Tyler the last two weeks during the day. She's got him going on the potty really well and also got him to like suckers! This is huge for us. You know he gets methyl B12 shots well B12 also comes in sucker form, we have order our B12 suckers and hope we have the same effects as we do with teh shots. We'll soon know! The suckers actually end up being slighly more per month than the shots are, however it's a lot less stressful, easier to transport, no pain, and a special treat for Tyler. We've tried a couple of times not giving Tyler the shot during my mom's stay with him so she can track his progress, we never tell her when we didnt' give it though. She would jus ttell us when Tyler would ahve an off day or what was going on and then we'd give a shot and voila next day Tyler was more alert, interactive, and less stimmy. We know they work and are happy that we may have found a much more fun alternative.


The boys alos had their first densist cleaning. Ben did absolutely amazing. See him in the pic above smiling away. he was a total ham and never wimpered or complained once. Which isn't exactly his personality! He was such a good boy. Tyler on the other hand really struggled. I was so glad that both my mom and Steve and I were tehre. It took both Steve and I to manage Tyler so the doctor to get in his mouth, we literally had to restrain him adn if you've ever tried ot restrain Ty, he has the strengh of a 100 lb child I swear! My mom then watched after Ben int he waiting room. Remember Ben needs antibiotics before dental appts. I had remembered to fill the scripts and pick it up, however I had forgotten to tell my mom to give it to Ty before the appt. SIGH. So teh doc had to administer it there and then we had to wait a bit for his appt until he had those meds in his system. Anyway, it was stressful and thank goodness Ben has the worst teeth of the two (sorry buddy all myf ault) because Tyler is going to be a handful just get his teeth flossed. It's steve nad my taslk to really start workign with him on getting into those teeth, etc. and hving him slowly accept it. He's fine with teeth brushings thank goodness!
Ok I'm in a hurry so i will wrap it up.
So the good news.... we received our first grant! It helped us pay for part of Tyler's summer pgramming and we are super excited. The bad part is we have no idea how to manage TYler' sschedule right now. My work has had layoffs... I'm now doing the job of what 4 people once did and we are in the midst of (next week actually) using all new financial software in the city and my departmetn is training on new staffing software which I've been responsbielf for this project so my plate at work is more than full. Steve has a lot of pressures on him right now at work and begnning next week. For 3 days of the week, Ty goes from Splash camp, to summer school, to Annie's presschool... He's in presschool 3 days a week adn splash camp 5 days a week. All programs are great but the amount of running around we have to do in the middle of the day, well all day really, has our mind boggled with all the other pressures we have going on at work, home, etc. Did I mention we are hoping to move early fall and need to get things in order for that? So anyway life is crazy and somehow we are getting through it all and figuring it all out. Thanks to all who help us!
Love to all and happy 4th.