Friday, December 3, 2010

:(

It's with great sadness and frustration that I tell you that autism insurance bill did not make it through, it was never brought to the senate floor for a vote :( It's been a hard week for us for many reasons but this is just a huge hit. I had tried nto to get too excited but I couldn't help but get caught up in the what if's. Maybe we wouldn't have to give up the last piece of the life we had once planned, maybe if I can get Speech and Behavioral therapy covered, I can afford two music therapy session a week for Ty. Maybe we can get Ben involved in more extracurricular activities, maybe, maybe, maybe....all got shot down with this horrible news.

I was sad last night when I got a feeling it was going to get voted on and then this morning when I found out for sure it didn't make it, well I just couldn't stop crying and just now I've found myself in just a dull melancholy depressive state, so I was delighted when I just got the following email from Ty's teacher:

"You should see Tyler with his device! He is scrolling through multiple pages to find the pics that he wants, and is using it to do fill-ins when I'm reading the story! This is fantastic!! Will try to get some video footage for you to see at some time :)"
Thanks little guy for putting a smile back on my face and for a friendly reminder that you are worth every tear, every penny, and every future battle we have to face on your behalf. XOXO baby