Wednesday, November 2, 2011

!









Halloween was spectacular! Tyler actually let me draw a mask on him...the downfall is that it was waterproof eyeliner and we couldn't get it off with normal baby wash so he went to school on Tues with a mask until we could get some eye make up remover :) Ben was fun this year, he wanted to visit certain houses versus get candy. we had one house in our neighborhood with tons of decorations and to our surprise, they had a haunted house. Apparently this is smoothing they do every year. Ty and I waited outside while Grandma, Ben and Dad went through the haunted house. Shortly after that we all went home. Leah (batgirl) handed out candy for us.

Thanks to everyone who donated to the RunAThon, Tyler completed 3.5 laps for his gen ed kindergarten class and guess what....they won!! There was a winning class in each grade, yeah Ty! We also learned that they raised the 10,000 they needed to buy the playground equipment.

Ty's teacher sends a notebook home of notes each day in his backpack and we are loving all the positive feedback, I wanted to share a little:

10/25 "Tyler had an excellent day today. I had an observation with Dr. DeYoung (principal) and Tyler 'wowed' him like crazy. We did a two way sort activity and he spelled all the words correct before he stamped the letters."

10/26 "During calendar today I asked Tyler how many days we've been in school. Yesterday was 36 and that's what our classroom chart showed. So he answered "37". He "blew" us away."

11/1 "Tyler counted by 5's today (with his Dynavox) up to 40 and then hit "41" to tell how many days we've been in school"

11/2 "Tyler had a good morning. The TA was amazed by his sentence typing during seatwork today."

We are so looking forward to his parent teacher conference next week. If I could have one dream it would be that Tyler will eventually go on as an adult with a diagnosis of Aspergers and be able to live a safe, happy and independent life as a "geeky" adult:) I am so very proud of him.

Our neighbor works at EMU and she texted me today that she saw my speech at the ribbon cutting ceremony at the ACC/Childrens Institute . I asked how and for some reason it was showed during a meeting today at EMU of about 25 ppl. I'm thinking, oh great, everyone saw me crying. But then she said that the whole room was crying when they watched. I'm proud to have made an impact. Promised Ty long ago that I'd do whatever I could to help and well I feel like hearing it first hand vs reading stats on a piece of paper can make all the difference.

Speaking of the ACC, a play group/study opportunity has come up. It looks like both the boys may be involved on Tuesday's and Thursdays and it may help foster a better "playing" relationship between the two boys:) We are at the beginning stages so more to come on that later but the best part as since it's a study it doesn't cost a thing, yeah. We are still trying to recover financially from 3 years of crazy.

So excited because this weekend will be the first time in a year that Steve and I get to sleep in together in our own bed as our kids will not be home, yeah! The boys are staying with Steves Dad and step mom on Saturday so we can go to a wedding reception. SOOOOOO excited, thanks guys!

Happy fall to all.
xoxo