Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tyler says "ho ho ho"

Tyler is getting very chatty with his dynavox and he has a new app on his IPAD that he's also using a lot to talk. This weekend he told me "good night" when I put him in bed and then requested "hugs and kisses" :) At breakfast on Sunday, he kept jumping off his chair. I corrected him 3 times and finally I said, "ENOUGH, sit in your chair"....he said "leave me alone"...hee hee...grandma and I looked at eachother and tried very hard not to laugh. I love that he's using it not only to make requests or label items but to share his feelings and have normal day to day conversations.





He loves our christmas tree this year. It's the first year he seems to "get" Christmas. He has a December tab on his dynavox that has many holiday buttons like rudolph, santa, tree, lights, etc. He also has a Christmas story on his ipad. I often mention that Tyler is non-verbal and I think that some who do not understand autism think that he doesn't try or he's silent. Tyler is very chatty, in fact, he often sings when playing his piano, I love it. Speaking of which, he does know all of the notes on the piano and is starting to play Three Blind Mice. Here's a video of Tyler playing with the tree and saying ho ho ho.





And a secret santa got us an itouch which we are hoping to use as a reward for Tyler going potty on the potty and for Ben to use since he often gets jealous of Ty's IPAD and although we try to share it, the balance is definetly not equal. Ben doesn't know about it yet, we are workiing to get apps loaded. Yeah!