Wednesday, December 10, 2008

12/10/08



I have a friend who recently had a baby and had a few health scares. I told her parenting was one of the most rewarding, yet painful experiences you'll have ever. The love is so strong that that pain you feel when somethign goes wrong can just seem umbearable and the opposite as well. The love you feel when everything just seems right, is incredible. I had one of those moments last night. Both the boys made me tear up with happiness. Ben had me snuggle with him on the bed and he looked at me and said, Mommy, I love you so much! I said, oh Ben, you melt my heart! We had good snuggle time and Tyler actually laid next to me and stayed still for at least 3 mins which was amazing.. it helped that he was tired and I was tickling his belly but he just laid there so I sang to him and got good snuggle time. It was great and a perfect way to wind down because they had previously been having a ball with dad rough housing on the bed.

Anyway, I used sing a song to Ben and now he has it memorized. I didn't catch it all in the video and sometimes he's hard to undersatnd whne he's singing so here are the lyrics so you'll know what he's saying.

Good Morning, Beautiful
How was your night?
Mine was wonderful with you by my side
When I open my eyes to see your sweet face,
it's a good morning, beautiful day!

The first time he sang that song to me.. again my heart just melted. SO CUTE.

Ok, on to Tyler. He had a GREAT day at school yesterday. He is doing very well at staying involved in circle time and was babbling much more than normal they said. He also was doing good at his immitation skills.

On a small world note.. I ran into a girl yesterday that I had met at the verbal behavior workshop. She's a speech language pathologist at U of M and we got talking and she said they have a great summer program. Tyler will still receive services this summer but it will be more limited than it is now so it's a great contact to have, especially if insurance goes through by then! Right now, our isnurance will not pay for speech services until a child is 5 unless it is a result of an accident, unfortunately they won't accept the "vaccine injury" argument...s o here's hoping those bills go to vote and get passed because I really want/need Tyler to have as much speech as possible.