Monday, February 1, 2010

2/1/10

Ben is still doing awesome with potty training. I don't remember the last time he had an accident :)  School thinks once they begin the positive practice stuff with Tyler at school, that he's so smart, it won't take him too long to potty train either. Oh my goodness, is it possible that by the time the boys 4th birthday rolls around that they'll both be potty trained??! Oh the savings :) Speaking of savings, we;ve been really trying to get creative with our finances to maintain everything with the least amoutn of debt possible. Our flex spendign iwll be gone after today's speech session, used it all up, so we had to figure out a way to free up another $400 a month to pay for speech and I'm happy to say we figured out a plan. So it's not like it's extra money in our pocket each month but at least it's not another$400 of debt each month either.  Have I mentioned lately that it's all worth it? 
All of our hopes, plans, dreams are coming true.  We are making headway, we are going to be able to do normal family activities. There were times when normal day to day tasks like eating, going for a walk, etc. were very difficult tasks for our family.  Along the journey, many people have thought maybe we were doing too much, or maybe we were neglecting Ben, or maybe not focusing on our marriage enough, or maybe taking on too much stress and therefore too many health issues, or maybe over the top with the diet restrictions and organic lifestyle, etc. I'm happy to say, I'm glad I stuck with my convictions. I knew then as I know now that the more "normal" of a life my family can lead the more happy we will all be.  If Ben can play with his brother like most are able too, the hapiper he will be. If Steve and I can take the boys on a family camping trip and enjoy watchign the kids frollic in the lake and then relax together with a beer by the fire, the happier we will be, and the more chances Tyler has to communicate and be normal socially, the happier he will be.  So Saturday night, it was one of those moments when I felt like .wow...yeah, this is awesome. All of that energy, money, heart ache, crazy schedules, emotional pain... all worth it.   So what happend? Ha ha.. nothign monumental. that's just it, it was normal. We got a gift certificate to Olive Garden for christmas so we went there Saturday night for dinner.  Yeah I still do a good job of packing up activities for the boys and without that we'd be int rouble, however, Tyler did awesome!  The place was packed, in fact we had to wait for a table. So we just hung out in the lobby with about 30 other people and the boys sat on teh floor and played, we even entertained another child who was waiting.  We got our table, got out TYlers food, ordered our food. There was a moment when I looked at Steve and said, wow.. I'm so thankful for this.  This restaurant is packed, and loud and we were in the midst of it and had to wait about 20 mins before we even sat down. Then with salads and then dinner, Tyler tolerated the restaurant atmopshere for nearly 2 hours. He only asked to get down at the end of the dinner when he was just tired and wanted me to hold him. Teh place was full of families with young kids and it was just really great to feel like we fit in and could do those things too without a lot of worry.

So yeah, it's worth it.... so worth it.. every tear and every dime are adding up to my whole family being happier... there is no price tag on happiness.