Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1/27/10 Babies

Oh my...my babies are definetly growing up. Ben has had dry pants (no accidents) all week :) He's doing so well. School wants to try a new approach with Tyler but I told them that I wanted to give Ben a couple of weeks to soak in the attention he deserves for being such a big boy before we move the focuse and therefore attention to Tyler. I don't want Ben to regress at all when he sees Ty get all thep otty attention, potty training Ben has been a year in the making and I want to make sure we keep moving forward :) Oh and 4T shirts are almost too short on them now. I can't believe how much they've grown since fall.

On a down note, Tyler is begining to be restrictive again with what he will eat. Over the past 6 months, he's stopped eating some of his favorites such as spaghetti, yogurt, cereal, pretzels, cookies. He'll eat meat(chicken, beef, hot dogs, fish sticks, etc) no problem and oranges and pineapple but I can't get him to eat any potatoes other than french fries, no rice. He's down to one or two things for breakfast. Oh and he still likes his homemade pizza but in general we may have to start addressing food issues with him again which I was really hoping we were over that hump. The good news is.. he eats very well the few thinsg he does like so I want to make sure that we don't make it a control issue and I have to remember he is 3 and many toddlers restrict their diets to their favorites so hopefully this is just a normal development issue and not something more sensory related where he starts hating food again.