Friday, April 9, 2010

4/9/10

So sorry for the delay, everyone has been sick for over a week now. First it was colds, then Ty had a fever, then he started vomiting, then lingerling diarreah (all while still having the cold) and then Ben piped up with a small fever, then vomiting (just once though) and now the diarreah and to fully celebrate the last day of daycare today at Miss Karen's, Tyler decided to puke just one last time (hadn't puked since Sun) and I"m pretty sure she's still dealing with a faucet coming out of ben's booty. She's probably gonna have a big party tonight after bidding a final adeu to my boys.. they are such little walking super germs! lol... I was home with Tyler on Monday, Ben joined in Tuesday and god bless Grandma Taylor who came to watch both of the boys on Wednesday as Steve adn I both have super busy work weeks and neither of us could stay home on Wednesday, thanks Grandma!!!!! 

So everyone say a big prayer and cross your fingers because both boys go to new preschools on Monday and we need them to be healthy! Ben is really excited to go to school. I already got him a camoflauge lunch bag, now we just need a backpack and suprisingly he told me he wanted a Diego backpack. hopefully I'll get a chance to take him shopping this weekend if his diarreah will go away. It's pretty bad right now. He'll be going all day to a large preschool facility near our house. Tyler is going to be going to an even bigger preschool but only after his regular preschool so he'll only be there for about 3 hours a day with the exception of Monday when he has speech therapy. I'll be doign that on my lunch hour and then taking him to the new preschool, but Tuesday - Friday, our little guy will be riding the bus from his regular preschool to this new preschool/after school care. Don't worry they have 5 point harness restraints on the bus, I already asked. 

Steve and I are both super super nervous about Monday and this big change in our lives... so the added element of possibly lingering illnesses is not helping matters.  Winter is over already, my family deserves health. 

Ok so maybe I can share a little humor for once.... my aunt pointed out how humorous one of these stories is at least looking at it from an outsider.

Let's see..Monday night I started not feeling well at all and by Tuesday morning I was running a fever and caring for Ty who was feeling better but just still had diarreah so he had far more energy then me. Then the cal from daycare that Ben was feeling nauseated.. so we go get Ben and come back. Ben is also very energetic which was kinda awesome cause he was helping me with Ty. Ty likes the trains to work in a certain way certain cars go one way certain cars go an another path.. yuo have to assist him with the process, Ben knows it so I coul dhave ben Help him. Then it's lunch time.... I get the kids lunches ready. Ben was compaining of a stomach ache..at this point I'm still thinking he's faking being sick cause he watned to be home with mom. Made a huge fuss about not wanting to go to daycare that day adn then suddently his belly hurt. he occasionally has bowel trouble so we usually give him benefiber for children in the evening in his rice milk. The past cuople of nights however, we hadn't, because we got a new nutritional drink for him to have at night to try to fatten him up a bit. So I figure he must be constipated, I couldn't remember the last time he had poo"d so I made his rice milk with benefiber mixed in and Tyler's was a nice little cocktail of probiotics and enzymes. We sit down to lunch and everyone is doing great and Tyler hands me his cup and signs milk to tell me he wants more milk and I look down and there's a big "B" on his cup.  UGH!!!!!!!! He drink Ben's milk which had benefiber in it. Tyler had been having diarreah since Friday, it's not Tuesday, still diarreah and he just drank fiber!  Now add this to the pressure that at this point we didn't have anyone to watch the boys yet the next day and now i may have extended the diarreah, not good.  But funny as an afterthought.

Ok story #2, Thursday morning, we are getting ready to go to miss karen's. Ty is on spring break this week so its actually making us have to leave a bit earlier. So I say it's time to go, Ty is upset at his leapster. We are walking out and he keeps handing it to me to tell me something is wrong (kinda making a whiny frustrated noise) but won't let go or let me see the screen to figure it out but in the mean time he's refusing to walk, Ben's already in the garage. Finally I just move him along and he's resisting, gets mad at my alternative toy. Ben climbs in his chair, I stand Tyler in the car and tell him it's broken and I do not have time to fix it. Tyler is melting down and refusing to sit in his chair, Ben is already in his chair and then Ben goes, uh oh, I gotta poop. DANG.. diarreah. Ok so Im like ok Ben we gotta hurry.... I race Ben inside to sit him on potty while Tyler, my autisitic non-verbal boy is standing unrestrained in my vehicle which is running in the garage (door open at least) and alone. eeeekkk.... I race ben in whipped down his pants, and raced back up and  strapped a screaming kid in his seat and turned on a video and hoped fo rthe best so I could go back in and help Ben with his poo... on way to daycare steve texts me to see how the kids are doing... lol.... just another day in paradise honey :)

onto some fun things about Ty and his abilities. He got some letter beads which he got for his birthday. You are supposed to lace them with a string but we played with them while the boys were sick and just made the alphabet, words, etc. Tyler, all on his own, spelled Ben and then ran into the living room, touched Ben and got the giggles. It was awesome, so smart.  So then I asked him to spell mom and that one stumped him so I asked him to spell dog and he got out the D and the O but then struggled to find the "g" I do believe he knew how to spell dog just couldn't find the G in the mix of all the otehr letters because once I kind of narrowed down the options for him, he got it!  It's has to be incredibly frustrating fo rhim to have all this knowledge and ability in his head and not be able to verbalize it. I can't even imagine what it's like to be Tyler some days.