Wednesday, June 25, 2008

6/25/08

Video taping went well yesterday, Carrie is on vacation which I think helped. Usually we see Carrie right before we are taped so I think he sometimes gets bored wth the routines since we just worked on them and so I never feel the video shows his true potential. He wasn't very talkative yesterday but he did exhibit his distal point which is one of his goals we've been working on. A distal point is when he points at or towards something without actually touching it.

He also did very well at daycare yesterday. He said "duck" and he also was playing with an alphabet spinny wooden toy and when the daycare provider would ask him to point to certain letters, he was able to do it. We've also been working with him on this with the animals in his picture book. he likes a few of the animal sounds so we are able to work on the eye gaze shift on those animals. He'll point to the animal so I'll say it's name, then he'll look at me which prompts me to make the appropriate animal sound. He's doing very well with one book in paticular so I'm hoping to find ways to incorporate this same type of technique with books that do nto necessarily have animal pictures. One more month of the parent intervention portion of the study and then we move to the parent education portion of the study which will consist of one monthly parent education meeting and 3 play group sessions at the U of M Clinic.

Grandma is coming for a visit this weekend so I think Dad adn Grandma are going to take Ben to the zoo so mom can get some one on one time with TYler (who doesn't really enjoy the zoo yet). Ben has been asking to go to the zoo for weeks, actually he says "I want to go to the zoo now" pretty much every time we get in the car! Then on Sunday, my dear friend from California is in town and having a birthday party for her one year old so Ben and I will be attending that and allowing Tyler and Daddy to have some one on one time.