Thursday, October 22, 2009

10/22/09

Tyler and I had a little conversation today, it was so much fun. We were on the way to school and he was int eh back making "ahya" sounds so I looked in the rear view mirror and started repeating back the sounds he said, then I'd stop and he'd start saying them again, then he'd stop and I'd start. He thought this was so fun, he was smiling the whole time. I thought I'd give it at try with a new sound and see if he'd make that sound that I made too. So I started with "ba ba ba ba ba ba" and then he went "baa baaa baaa baaa".. it was so cool! We continued talking for a good 5 mins.I wanted to take advantage of his relaxed state and keep him taklign ot me. Carol (speecH) says that when he tries to talk, it's really really hard for him, that's why he grits his teeth alot, he's trying to force it out. when it comes naturally and he doesn't have to think about it, it's much easier for him so it was great to talk to him. Which reminds me, he did something really cool at speech on Monday too. I wasn't able to video it unfortunately but he wanted to spin cups, she had a stack of htem, so in order to get the cups, he'd have to make sounds. He got to the point where he was just running up to her and going "ah, ah" he had to do it twice for each cup, he didnt' need any prompting he was just doing what he needed to do, TALK, to get what he wanted. I love him. Ok here is the video of TYler and the piano. i kinda caught these after he'd been playing for a while so his interest is kinda of lacking towards the end but you can see how interested he is in each keys and their sounds. In fact he was pointing to the key as if to ask me to label it so I started telling him the notes for each key. Anyway, here are those videos.
Oh, that reminds me, we've begun somethign new at home. Tyler often points to objects in books for you to tell him what they are, and he often points to objects in real life for you to tell him the color (how I know this is what he's lookin gfor is that once I tell him teh color, he's satisfied with my answer, if he's not satisfied, he'll keep touching the object until you tell him what he's looking for) but he rarely if ever points to objects in real life for yuo to tell him what the name of the object is (unless in book). So we've begun making a bigger effort to name all kinds of things for him. Yesterday we did this in the kitchen whiel I was making dinner, we talked about the lights, refridgerator, dishwasher, coffee pot, sink, faucet, table, and chair. He really liked this new game. He's like sponge.. I am so intrigued by him and his mind sometimes. I just find him to be a fascinating little person.