Monday, August 11, 2008

8/11/08 - Brotherly love!

I have the best news to report. Last evening I was up stairs getting the boys pajamas and the boys were down stairs watching a video. I heard a lot of laughter so I peeked downstairs and they were playing together! They were chasing eachother around the living room and both were giggling and laughing. It was so cute. And truly the first time I've witnessed them both playing HAPPILY together. We often try to set up situations where they have opportunities to interact and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but even when it works it's usually short lived, maybe 30 seconds. This is honestly the first time I've witnessed them initiating play on their own adn having a great time. By the time we got out the video camera it was too late, but it was such a beautiful thing. Most parents probably take for granted that their kids play together, for us, it's as if we have 2 - only children. So it's so beautiful to see them play together.