Wednesday, August 20, 2008

8/20/08

I received a really good compliment today, well really it's a compliement for Carrie because she did such a wonderful job of teaching me. I sent the playgroup leader Tyler's presentation to show her how much progress he's made since the beginning. This was her response:

Wow, this is an amazing story!!! I am so happy for you and your family. Watching you today interact with Tyler was a joy. It is clear that he will continue on his way into the world. I am sure your presentation and just seeing you in action will be an inspiration for other families.
The structure at playgroup is to be group activities at the beginning and the end but then the in-between play time is just supposed to be between the parent and child and then the leaders of the playgroup kind of oversee the play and give feedback along the way on how to improve and get more chances for communication. The leader, Dorte, is a Speech Pathologist. So when she says "watching you today interact with Ty ler was ajob, and that it is clear he will continue on his way into the world" well...I'm not sure it gets much better than that. Basically that says, Mom, you are doing all that you can do and doing a great job. It's really great to hear professionals say things like that because obviously they know a lot more than I do! So once again.. THANK YOU CARRIE for all you taught me.