Tuesday, August 11, 2009

8/11/09

Here are some pics of our trip to the pool this weekend. I remembered to bring in the summary notes from splash camp last week. Music Therapist Feedback: The primary goals of musick therapy were to encourage socially appropciate group behaviors (sit in circle with peers), increase participation in structured experiences, and encourage singing/signing basic social vocabulary (hello/goodbye). Tyler consistently stayed in his seat and appeared to enjoy the gros smotor movemetn and music experience during the "airplane" song. Speech Therapist Feedback: Tyler adjusted well to new surroundings. Duringp lay centers, we were letting him have a choice of acitities and then focus on pairing signs iwht the verbale name of each sign. Having him focus on the therapists while they sign was the goal. he initially did not want to leave playtime and go tot eh table but eventually he did so with minimal prompts. Occupational Therapy _ Tler did well the first few mornings but struggled at the end of the week. He is willing to try anything when given verbale driection and support. As I was dropping Tyler off at camp today, I saw the farmer getting his animals out of the trailer for the petting zoo. Really excited to see how that goes. Also, Tyler is doing really well at eating at camp and sitting appropriately, etc. so that makes me happy. He is having very little behavioral issues which is also fantastic! Still hasn't cried ocne when I dropped him off. Whined a bit today when we pulled up but did great once we got inside. He's so happy to be there. Also, I forgot I hadn't posted this yet, but here is Ty playing his piano. I want to get him a new one soon. I found one that has a play book and the keys are colored to help learn how to play songs, etc. So I'm thinking that he'd really like that and he'll have more keys to work with, etc.