Tuesday, August 18, 2009

8/18/09



Ty has stopped throwing parties in his bed at 3 a.m., woo hoo! So hopefully he's feeling a bit more rested now :) It seems that his body is starting to adjust to the B-12 just like last time, yeah! The headbanging for no apparent reason has also went away, that only lasted a week or so, thank goodness. Hard to protect the kid when you have no idea what's causing it. Before when he'd headbang I could usually tell he was frustrated so I could have my hand ready to block if he did dive to the floor to head bang but when it comes out of the blue, it's pretty hard to protect him. The chewing on his shirt however, continues. We go back to teh DAN doctor soon so we'll talk to him about this and see if there is anything else we can try.

believe it or not, this is the last week of camp! I'm attaching a picture of him riding a pony at camp last week. I can't believe he hasn't once cried when I dropped him off, he must just loev it there and I love all that they do. I can't wait to get teh CD of pictures from camp. A lot of the notes from camp talk about Tyler engaging in play time with his peers which definetly makes me happy. Can't beileve that soon we'll be back into the regular school year! We'll defietly be talking to OT once he gets to school about his chewing too. And then if little Mr. Ben would decide to be a big boy all the time, we can start the potty training process for TY. school initiates this for us, yeah!

So Ben did great last week with the potty training and as promised all summer long, he got to go see the dinosaurs at the zoo. He was in heaven. However, now he keeps going potty in his diaper, underwear, pull up or whatever you have on him and when you say it's time to go potty, he resists a bit. Sigh. None of hte reinforces I tried before worked and I can't afford to take him to the zoo every weekend so I'm gonna have to come up with a new plan.