Wednesday, October 15, 2008

101508

The boys will officially be 2.5 tomorrow!! Happy Half Birthday Boys.

I forgot to mention one of the really cool things Tyler did yesterday morning. He was on the floor playing with some of the autism speaks play sample toys (has to be specific toys) and losing interest in whatever he had, so he went back to the table that had the cars on it and started making "bubububub" motor sounds! it was great. This come naturally to many kids at an early age but making appropriate sounds and playing with a toy functionally can be tough for kids with autism. I'm glad we were able to get that on video.

Parent education class went well. I didn't learn anything new really since it was a recap for the new families, however, it was great to be able to meet the new families and have new playmates for Tyler in playgroup. I also like that networking aspect of being with other families. We all do dfiferent things for our kids and one of the parents has a newly diagnosed child so I think it's part of our responbility as parents to share our experiences and help out wherever we can, so it was really good for that.

On Friday, I'll probably update the blog with our ABA plans as I'll have it all worked out by then hopefully. So until then, let me just leave you with the name of a woman who has been a godsend to me. Her name is Amy Sanderson. Amy is amazing and I truly believe she is my guardian angel. In fact, without Amy, I'm not sure we'd be on the same track that we are now which I can't imagine going in any other direction. It may sound weird but she is the voice of reason, support, and hope that my grandmother would give me if she were alive. In a strange way, I feel my grandmother is watching out for me through Amy. THANKS AMY!